Full Warranty Authorized Dealer
ISA 430 MkII
The ISA430 MkII brings together a set of classic Focusrite heritage elements:
- Classic Focusrite ISA transformer-based mic pre with variable input impedance
- Versatile equalisation including two dual-range parametrics, HPF and LPF
- Dual-mode compressor with both VCA and optical circuitry
- VCA-based expander/gate with "hysteresis" setting to avoid chattering
- Phase-cancellation de-esser for more natural processing
- Optional 192kHz/24-bit A-D conversion with soft limiter
Together, they form a comprehensive channel strip with impeccable specifications. But the ISA430 MkII is much more than that. The four main elements – mic pre, EQ, Dynamics and A-D converter – can be accessed individually and each used as a separate processor. Elements can be chained and patched together via multiple inserts and in different orders to form a variety of signal paths to meet every processing requirement. Used as either a comprehensive channel strip or as separate processors, the ISA430 MkII offers you the pinnacle of classic Focusrite analogue processor design and performance. There’s simply nothing quite like it.
The Most Versatile Channel Strip
The ISA 430 MkII features Focusrite’s ultimate heritage sonic signature including transformer-based mic pre, versatile EQ with two dual-range parametrics, compressor with both transparent VCA and vintage optical circuitry, expander/gate, phase-cancellation de-esser and optional 192kHz/24-bit 2-channel A-D conversion.
Transformer-based Mic Pre with Variable Impedance
The mic pre suits almost all mics including vintage and ‘difficult’ models such as ribbons. Variable impedance can be set for transparency or to highlight special features of the mic, such as presence bumps and rolloffs. Switchable additional inductance adds “air” without EQ.
Four Units in One, Independently Accessible
Use the mic pre, EQ, Dynamics and A-D converter independently, or route them to build powerful simultaneous processors. Re-order different sections to create multiple alternative signal paths.
Powerful Processing Options
Insert HPF, LPF and EQ into the Dynamics sections for frequency-sensitive processing – Listen function lets you audition the side-chain to fine-tune the effect.
Control Over Dynamics
Expander/gate features “hysteresis” setting to avoid chattering on difficult signals. De-esser is based on phase cancellation at the chosen frequency, for more natural sound.
We always quote 'real world' performance figures (measured to the AES17 standard). Some companies choose to quote chipset performance, which is misleading, and here's why.
- Gain Range: +10dB to +40dB continuously variable
- Input Impedance: >1M Ohm
- Gain Range: 0 to +60dB in 10dB steps
- Input Impedance: Variable as follows: 600 Ohm, 1k4 Ohm, 2k4 Ohm, 6k8 Ohm
- EIN: -128dB with 150 Ohm terminating impedance at 60dB of gain
- Noise: -97dBu
- THD: 0.001% with -20dBu 1kHz input and 20Hz?22kHz bandpass filter
Compressor (VCA mode)
- Threshold Range: -28dB to +12dB
- Ratio: 1.5:1 to 10:1
- Slope: Soft knee
- Attack: 100µs to 100ms
- Release: 100ms to 7s, variable or auto (program dependent)
Compressor (Vintage Opto mode)
- Threshold Range: -28dB to +12dB
- Ratio: 1.5:1 to 5:1 in Comp mode, 5:1 to 20:1 in Lim mode
- Slope: Soft knee in Comp mode, Hard knee in Lim mode
- Attack: Fixed
- Release: Fixed
- Low Pass Filter: 18dB/oct from 400Hz to 22kHz
- High Pass Filter: 18dB/oct from 20Hz to 1k6Hz
- Parametric section is comprised of: Low-mid & Hi-mid parametric, each with continuously variable boost/cut with centre detent, frequency sweep control with two ranges, and fully variable Q. Low-mid frequencies 40Hz to 400Hz (120Hz to 1k2Hz when x3 is pressed). Hi-mid frequencies 600Hz to 6kHz (1k8Hz to 18kHz when x3 is pressed)
- Shelving section is comprised of: High Frequency Shelf: The frequency range steps are 1.5kHz, 3.3kHz, 6.8kHz and 15kHz (2.2kHz, 4.7kHz, 10kHz and 18kHz when Hi Range is engaged). Low Frequency Shelf: The frequency range steps are 20Hz, 56Hz, 160Hz and 460Hz (33Hz, 95Hz, 270Hz and 655Hz when Hi Range switch is engaged)
- Threshold Range: -40dB to +10dB
- Gate Range: 0 to -80dB
- Attack: switched fast or slow
- Release: 100ms to 5s
- Hold: 20ms to 4s
- Expander Ratio: 0 to 5:1
- Threshold Range: 22dB
- Frequency Range: 2k2 to 9k2
- Ratio at centre frequency: 2:1
- Threshold Range: 20dBu
- Ratio: infinite (Brick Wall)
- Attack: Frequency dependent
- 484mm (W) x 85mm (H) x 250mm (D)
- 19" (W) x 3.5" (H) x 9.8" (D)
Optional A-D Converter Specifications
Output formats (All channels)
- AES/EBU (5V / 110 ohms), S/PDIF (0.8V / 75 ohms)
- ADAT lightpipe (SMUX I/II/IV)
- S/PDIF lightpipe
AES3 output jitter
- <:500ps, 50Hz-100kHz
- <:400ps, 700Hz-100kHz
- All ranges: 20Hz–20kHz ± 0.3dB (50Hz–16kHz ± 0.1dB)
- 176.4kHz, 192kHz : 16Hz–55kHz ± 0.5dB
- –117.5dB A-weighted, audio band-limited, 1kHz, -60dB FS input
- Maximum 0.004% at –1dB FS (1kHz)
- Minimum 0.0008% at –13dB FS (1kHz)
Idle channel noise
- 113.5dB at 44.1kHz, CCIR-weighted, full bandwidth
Please note that any listing that shows "Free Shipping" refers to USA shipping of items in the lower 48 states. Some items may have an up-charge for Alaska and Hawaii. Please check the actual shipping section for details about shipping cost to your location.
Foreign buyers please note: All duties and customs if there are any placed on your package upon import are the sole responsibility of you the buyer. We are not aware of each countries import laws and do not know the fees. Please investigate this prior to purchase.
Please note that any of our listings that aren't listed as "NEW" have the possibility of some signs of use. Although this is rare, and when it occurs, usually very minor, we want you to be aware of this possibility. If you should buy something from us and do happen to have any issues, please contact us so RSS can determine that whether it's the normal expected condition for open box items or damage that may have occurred during shipping.
Thanks and Happy Buying!!
Items must be returned within 30 days .
Refund will be given as Money back or exchange/replacement.
Refund policy details:
Buyer is responsible for shipping.
Destination: United States
Instructions to Buyer
|Paypal||Please pay via PayPal.|
|AMEX||For American Express payments, please contact us at 785.820.7243|
|DISCOVER||For Discover payments, please contact us at 785.820.7243|
|MASTERCARD||For Mastercard payments, please contact us at 785.820.7243|
|Check||Checks must clear before shipment is made.|
|VISA||For Visa payments, please contact us at 785.820.7243|